Eric Townend Farm Machinery (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates www.erictownend.co.uk (the “site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of the site. We use your personal information only for providing and improving the site. By using the site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information collection & use
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact you back in regards to any contact form enquiries you submit, or to process and fulfil your order. This personally identifiable information includes:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your country/region
- Your shipping address
- Your billing address
- Personal account preferences
- Transactional data (purchase information)
- Technical data
While you visit our online shop, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We will not, in any circumstances, share your personal information with other individuals or companies without your permission, including public organizations, corporations or individuals. We do not sell, communicate or divulge your information to any mailing lists.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for a minimum of 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site (“log data”). In addition, we use Google Analytics to collect, monitor and analyze this.
- Your computer’s internet protocol (“IP”) address
- Browser type
- Browser version
- The pages of our site that you visit
- The time and date of your visit
- The time spent on those pages
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.